Available scholarships are not limited to the list below as more opportunities are also available on behalf of one's own research.
More information coming Jan 2021.
Scholarships are listed in the order of nearest deadline.
Due: September 25, 2020
Award amount: $500 various
Hmong Youth and Parents United's Scholarship Program has been established since 2018 to support the Hmong students' pursuit of higher education. This program is coordinated and organized by dedicated individuals in our community who volunteers to participate in the scholarship committee.
1. Fees should not be paid for scholarships (Applying for financial aid is free)
2. Never give credit card or bank account information
3. No one can guarantee that you'll win a scholarship
4. Legitimate scholarships require time & energy
5. Legitimate sponsors should provide contact information upon request
6. Be aware if you are called to receive an award for which you never applied
7. Don't be pressured into applying for a scholarship, especially if the sponsor is asking you to pay
8. Beware of claims of “exclusive” scholarships
9. An official-sounding name or endorsement doesn't automatically mean it's legitimate
10. If your questions aren't answered directly, proceed with caution
Contact your counselor if you are contacted by a scholarship scam